Wednesday 18 May 2016

Bears trying to pack pounds on Leonard Floyd


The biggest knock on Georgia outside linebacker Leonard Floyd going into the 2016 NFL Draft was his weight.


(Photo: Zack Thrower, 247Sports)

At just under 6-foot-6, Floyd tipped the scales at 244 pounds at The NFL Combine but had lost back down to 236 pounds a couple of weeks before the draft at a workout with the Atlanta FC Chicago.

Chicago selected Floyd with the ninth overall pick and now have an organized plan in place to help the Chauncey, Ga. native pack on the pounds according to a report by ESPN's Jeff Dickerson. The program requires Floyd to eat, eat, and eat some more.


“I’ve got prompts set up on my phone of times in the day that I’m supposed to eat,” Floyd said. “I [have to] make sure I eat at the times when I get the alarm.”


Floyd says that it doesn't really matter what he eats when he is prompted, but he's being asked to eat his fill.

“Weight bar, protein shake, sandwich, anything … as long as I eat a lot of it,” Floyd said.




SOURCE: CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment