Friday, 21 August 2015

Pedro? We'll still be unstoppable - Bartra


The defender has shrugged off the sale of the winger ahead of Barcelona's opening La Liga game of the season



Barcelona will remain "unstoppable" this season regardless of the sale of Pedro to Chelsea, according to Marc Bartra.



The winger fell behind Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez in the pecking order at Camp Nou and opted to leave the club for Stamford Bridge earlier this week.

His exit followed Barca's Spanish Supercup defeat to Athletic Bilbao over two legs, but Bartra says they remain the same force that won the treble last season.

"Losing Xavi and Pedro hasn't made us weaker," he told the club's official website. "I'm going to miss them a lot but teams like Barça lose very good players and get back very good players.

"We still have a good group of homegrown players. You can't always bring up players who are ready for the first team. But with those who have joined us from other clubs, we'll continue to be unstoppable."

Regarding the prospect of facing Bilbao for a third straight game in Sunday's opening La Liga game of the season, he added: "When things don't go very well one day, I really want to have another shot at that day.

"Barça are lucky enough to be competing again very quickly and there are lots of ways we can learn from our mistakes.

"We play well as a team and we make mistakes as a team as well. We have to improve in all aspects and try to avoid individual errors.

"Aduriz is a striker who's scored a lot of goals and he really knows how to move. He's pretty clever and we have to be at a high level, but above all we have to be ourselves." [GOAL]

No comments:

Post a Comment