The Italy international has pledged not to create any havoc in his second spell at Sampdoria and hopes to impress national team boss Antonio Conte
Antonio Cassano has promised he will not cause any disruptions upon his return to Sampdoria, after his first spell there ended in huge acrimony.
Once seen as a young player with huge potential, controversy followed Cassano throughout his career, which has also included spells at Roma, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter.
Cassano enjoyed a bright four years at Sampdoria but saw his contract terminated after a massive fallout with the club's erstwhile president Riccardo Garrone, who he heavily insulted.
The 33-year-old was brought back to the Genoa outfit this summer by current owner Massimo Ferrero and he insists he has been warned not to create havoc this time around.
"I'm sorry to come back here without the person that I loved so much in football - president Garrone," Cassano said at his unveiling on Friday. "The way it ended with him was my only real mistake.
"I have not changed at all since then, but now I have two children, a family. Before I would go on the attack, now I have to be a bit more balanced.
"The president has told me if I f**k up, then we will shake hands and I will go. But I guarantee: there will be no s**t from me.
"I'm here for the results."
Ferrero had said he would like to bring Mario Balotelli to Sampdoria along with Cassano, but the ex-Bari star says he has not been in contact with the Liverpool striker.
"I never heard from Mario. I do not do the sports director's job and I have respect for my team-mates."
Cassano also admitted that he hopes to impress Italy coach Antonio Conte during the coming season to receive a call up ahead of Euro 2016.
"I have a goal: to make it difficult for Conte. If we do well with Samp, maybe I can I have some opportunities." [GOAL]

No comments:
Post a Comment